Irresistible Superfood Energy Balls
Energy balls are my favorite snack. Easy to make, no need to refrigerate, super healthy. They are ideal for pre or post workout, coffee break or as an evening desert. They have only one disadvantage: no matter how many you make, they all will be eaten in one day. Trust me.
I call these balls “detox candies”. They’re healthy enough for a detox but sweet enough to satisfy a sweet tooth craving. The base is heart-healthy oats, nuts, dried fruits and any sweet Apiterra honey. I used two kinds of honey: Goji&Ginger for less sweet and Maca,Coconut&Chia for more sweet balls. My favorite nuts are almonds, walnuts and cashew – very rich in antioxidants and packed with fiber, protein and Vitamin E. For dried fruits I picked apricots, figs and dates – delicious blend! And the last, I like to cover the balls in cinnamon powder. You can also try cacao or sesame seeds.
The best part about this recipe is that it’s highly adaptable. Feel free to experiment with your favorite nuts, dried fruits and Apiterra honey.
It takes only 15 min to make 20-30 balls.
- 1 cup Muesli or Oats
- 2 tb spoons almonds
- 2 tb spoons walnuts
- 2 tb spoons cashew
- 3 dried apricots
- 2 dried figs
- 3 dried dates
- 1 tb spoon cinnamon
- 1 tb spoon of Apitera Honey
- Combine dried apricots, dates and figs (without stones) in food blender and chop them well until it’s almost a paste.
- Do the same with nuts however don’t chop them into a powder. Let the pieces be visible.
- In a bowl mix together oats, dried fruit and nuts. Add honey and stir until fully combined.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and roll in the cinnamon powder.
- Let the sit for some time and enjoy!